Canadian credit union industry receives total of nine coveted Ipsos Best Banking Awards
TORONTO, ON (August 25, 2016): The Canadian Credit Union Association (CCUA) is pleased to announce that, for the 12th consecutive year, Canadians have ranked credit unions first among all financial institutions, in overall Customer Service and Branch Service Excellence.
In the annual 2016 Ipsos® Best Banking Awards program, credit unions were also awarded sole honours for Values My Business and Live Agent Telephone Banking Excellence.
“In-branch, online or on their mobile device, credit unions strive to serve their members with the highest level of customer service, regardless of the channel,” explained Martha Durdin, president and CEO, Canadian Credit Union Association. “These awards are a recognition of the continued importance and value that credit union employees across the country put into every interaction with their members.”
Canada’s credit unions have received nine awards for two years in a row. This year, credit unions were recognized in the following categories:
- First for Customer Service Excellence (12th consecutive year);
- First for Branch Service Excellence (12th consecutive year);
- First for Values My Business (ninth consecutive year);
- First for Live Agent Telephone Banking Excellence (first year individual winner; fourth year winner, tied for three previous years);
- Winner (tied) for Mobile Banking Excellence (second time);
- Winner (tied) for Financial Planning and Advice (ninth consecutive year);
- Winner (tied) for ATM Banking Excellence (second consecutive year);
- Winner (tied) for Online Banking Excellence (second consecutive year); and
- Winner (tied) for Automated Telephone Banking Excellence; (fourth consecutive year [note: prior to 2013 there was a single Award for total Telephone Banking, which the credit union system shared each year from 2008 to 2012]).
“The credit union difference is all about service,” Durdin said. “Credit unions are grounded in the prosperity and quality of life of their members, and in pioneering innovative approaches to banking. The results of this survey show us that their approach to helping serve the financial needs of Canadians is working. Thank you to every member who continues to put their trust into their local credit union.”
The Ipsos awards come on the heels of the results of a recent Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) survey that shows an overwhelming preference for service by credit unions among small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Manitoba and Saskatchewan, where they enjoy 39.2 per cent market share.